Saturday 28 November 2009

Shiny Happy People! Time to sort out the Christmas trims







Well, its approaching that time of the year, my favourite festival, midwinter and Christmas, as the days grow steadily shorter and darker as the end of the year approaches. What better way to prepare than to start sorting out shiny, lustrous vintage French ribbons and trims ready for tying presents and parcels and adding extra glimmer & gleam to festive decorations or projects. I bought most of these beautiful items a while ago from a chap who had bought up the stock of a French ribbon-making factory and a manufacturer of metal embroidery threads and braids from Lyon, both of which had closed down. I tend to hoard it all, a bit like a dragon, sitting on top of my heap of treasure, but now, the time is right to start to put it to good use!

4 comments:

  1. What a great stash of shiny objects...the metal threads are calling to me!
    Stella xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just picturing you, a la Smaug, atop your festive stash of shinies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are truly lovely things, so apt for decorating things for the festive season! And Zoe, you know me well! I am sitting here, Smaug-like, daring any small Hobbit to attempt to burgle my stash...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed so many posts here! Where have I been. I just left a comment on your other blog, but it would not take my chosen profile (only if it is "name/URL" can I post it seems). I will be back to read all of these when I have more time in a day or two. So much beauty to take in.

    ReplyDelete